Ahhh

1.29.2009 2 comments
So I have had the whole house in a mess for the past week while moving Travis into his new room. It was totally unfair that he have two of our three bedrooms, half of the office, and have 3 ride on toys parked in the family room. I have rectified that uneven distribution of space :)
After I finished painting the closet in his room, Chris put up the shelves and we finally got all of T's clothes moved in. I spent what seemed like 30 minutes moving rouge toys back into the new room from every where in the house; it was really 2 hours! I still have to find some toy storage shelving for the other side of the closet, but I'm feeling really good about all the new space I have. Also on my to-do list is to paint over my wall of squares in T's old room and find a home for all the extra crap we have. To list out all the stuff I have currently, and rather triumphantly if I do say so myself, in the closets of T's old room would astound you. Seriously. If you think I got a lot of stuff to fit into the foyer closet, oh baby are you in for a head spin! If I get bored later, I just might try to list it all ;)
I will be eagerly awaiting our new elliptical for the next two weeks, but now I have options as to where to put it! Upstairs in T's old room? Downstairs in the newly reclaimed office? Ultimately it will go in the sun room; once we convert our screened porch into the sun room that is, but that is at least a year away.

Look at all the space I have for more clothes! I love dressing my little man :)
I'm thinking of putting an Expedit bookcase where the black chair is in the picture on the right and then maybe hooks on the wall and a little toy box for dress up storage where the wagon is.






my oh my that's a lot of stuff!

2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...

    I am AMAZED at how well you organize closets -- it's truly a gift. I wish you lived closer because that is my next task in the new bedroom... figure out how to use the new closet for storage AND clothes. I keep all of Jeff's clothes in one of the hall closets -- that works amazingly. So, it's just my clothes and then basically everything in YOUR closet: a wedding dress, luggage, blankets, etc... Not looking forward to it.

    I am in love with the color you picked for the closet -- such a happy color! You have a TON of space in there too! WOW!

    You get an A+! :)

  • Marianne said...

    I love the new look of the blog as well as your redecorating at home! Speaking of that, I definitely need your help at our place. We will hopefully be putting it on sale in the next month and I need some good decorating tips b/c it's pretty blah now. Think you have time this saturday or maybe one night next week? let me know--and we still need to hit up bowling again!

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB