Lets revisit me at 9 months pregnant with Travis vs. #2 (almost):

holy moly my face was fat!
Then lets talk turkey. I weighed exactly 25lbs more than I do currently when I delivered Travis; I gained 29lbs with Travis, on top of the 12lbs I had gained since our wedding. First babies are always harder; especially if you have had a relative or close friend who has had a miscarriage. You get ultra sensitive to doing anything that might up your odds of miscarrying yourself so you cut back on any exercising you might have been doing and eat whatever the baby wants whenever you can. All this means extra weight gain, but come #2, you've already struggled to lose all that extra weight from #1 and are determined not to have to do that again (loosing weight is really hard!). So after almost a year and a half, I was back down to wedding weight- my ideal adult weight I think and so far I have only gained 15lbs with #2. My goal, besides a happy, healthy baby, was to only gain 18lbs with this pregnancy. I'll probably be over that come delivery day because exercising is just not happening anymore, but I am very proud of myself for trying to stick to my goal this long :)


2 comments:
So super kudos to you, and yes, those first pictures make me feel a little better, so thanks. I am very proud of you for staying so fit during this pregnancy--it's good motivation for me!
and you are a big fat liar! that's the only way you could even try to convince me that you are big. You look great girl!
Post a Comment