Chase news:
Chase is one month old and suddenly I have no time to blog. Not surprising in the least. He's doing great, doing all the baby things he's supposed to. Last night I put him to bed in one of my favorite footies and this morning it was too small. Of course he would have to outgrow the ones I like first. He weighs 9lbs and 13oz now!- another pound in two weeks, yay Chase, way to be a piglet ;) We had to buy him some long sleeve onezies because all of Travis' old clothes are for the exact opposite season. Would be great if we had moved to Australia, but we didn't and aren't planning on it to my knowledge. So I am on the hunt for some newborn or 0-3 month size sweaters so we can make the old clothes work. If you've seen any, let me know where! He's still eating 4 oz, sometimes he wants an extra 2 oz to tide him over, and he's still waking up every 3-4 hrs to eat. His awakeness has definitely improved and I can finally tell that he wants to spend time with us instead of just sleep on us. The "new puppy" has worn off as Chris says. I'm hoping for some grins soon :)
Travis news:
He finally let me finish cutting his hair! Yay, no more hippy kid. In other news...potty training is not going well. I wish it was summer so I could just send him outside buck naked. He ignores the pull-ups as I've said before, so we got him some throw away fruit of the looms (they are huge! apparently boys don't potty train early so they don't make 18month undies that my skinny dude would wear) I also picked up some rubber bloomers so the house wouldn't get covered in pee. We tried the undies with the rubber bloomers. He refused to get back on the potty, ok, don't force him- it's supposed to be a positive experience. "2 hrs later..." ( said in the narrator from SpongeBob's voice) His pants aren't wet but man did he pee! I asked him every 10 minutes if he wanted to sit on the potty and if he had peed and if his pants were wet. I was offering peanut m&ms for sitting on the potty that day. I didn't get him back on the toilet at all!!! What self respecting candy mongering toddler refuses m&ms?!? So we called it a day at nap time and he is now insisting that he needs to wear diapers. The only luck I've had is when I let him wear the undies without the rubber bloomers. He gets really upset when he pees and gets his pants wet. But after about 3 times, he then melts down if I try to put undies back on him and insists again that he needs to wear a diaper. Sooooo... I'm just going to assume that he's not quite there yet like I had thought. Maybe when he's out of the half year funk, we can try again full boar, but for now, I call uncle on the wearing undies. I've got enough laundry as it is.
My news:
Chris is taking every Friday off for the rest of the year! Hurray!! And I still have him for the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas so I'm loving it. We really need to plan his vacation better next year so he doesn't go stir crazy the first half of the year; it's just hard when we don't have anywhere to go. Vacations cost money, who knew ;) I've started my mental Christmas shopping list, but so far we only have a present for Travis. I've got two other things I want to get him and luckily they aren't very expensive. I'll have to start doing online surveys again so I can get them from Amazon for basically pennies, maybe even free. Now my big dilemma...what do I get Chase? He'll only be 3 months old and he doesn't need any toys. Besides clothes, he's got everything he could possibly need. Oh that reminds me that I need to sew his Christmas stocking! I saved enough fabric to make a 4th stocking, great thinking I know, so now Chase will have a matching one just like the rest of us :) I'm thinking this year I hit up the dollar store for stocking stuffers...what do you guys put in yours?


2 comments:
I can't believe Chase is already a month old! That was so fast! And good luck with the potty training, unfortunately I have no wisdom to share in that regard, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! And if you guys are looking for a great place to vacation, I've heard NC is really beautiful! :)
You sew your own stockings, Martha Stewart? Lord have mercy... let's just hope I remember to buy Carson one before Christmas :)
Stocking stuffers... I blogged about this last year for Jeff. I hate stockings for this reason -- they are the hardest stuff to shop for. Either you spend a fortune or it's all little kitschy stuff that ends up in the trash in a few weeks. Ugggh.
Post a Comment