I slipcovered the old bumpers I had, that I still loved but they didn't go with the all blue walls and Chase couldn't stand because they were too busy, with some fun tan and cream dot fabric I picked up at a yardsale. I also 'slipcovered' one of the crib skirts I had with a leftover cream sheet from our bed. The fitted sheet had gotten holes in it so we weren't using the flat sheet anymore. I cut it up to make the ties for the bumpers too and I think it looks great! I've got 2 canvases to go over the crib; one for his name vertically and then another large square for some sort of design. I haven't decided what to paint; an animal? a trike? his silhouette? what do y'all think?
I picked up a fun 3d cardboard letter to go over the changing table. I still need to paint it (with the matching red to the crib from when I tried to make a toddler rail for it) and stick it to the wall somehow. This time I'm thinking I need to try some 3M products because the velcro dots did a number to the walls when trying to get them off!
The rest of the room still needs some love too. I think I'm going to make a fun animal pillow out of felt for the rocker and hopefully slipcover the rocker in some sort of tan or blue fabric. Then the curtains will need to change since that will be the only yellow thing left! Good thing we have an Ikea in town...


0 comments:
Post a Comment