WFH

1.08.2010 1 comments

Work from Home! We love when Daddy works from home, but it stresses Mommy out!

I love spending extra time with Chris when he works from home but it is super stressful trying to keep the boys quiet all day and entertained...and I only have two! Travis plays great by his self when it's just me at home or during the weekend, but when you add Chris into the mix at the kitchen table with his laptop- it's like the most tantalizing thing Travis has ever seen. He constantly wants to know what is on the computer screen and then he joins in in yelling at the computer when Chris gets a frustrating email...so we try to stay upstairs as long as possible. Today was actually another good day for the most part, well a good morning anyway. We played with the play kitchen, the cars, more cars, and I let him watch an episode of Olivia. I'm trying extra hard to limit his tv time Natalie, all thanks to you and it's going pretty good so far! He only watched an hour of tv total today :) That sounds so bad, but I'm trying to do better. So that was 3 episodes for him. He picked Olivia before lunch and then watched two Little Bear episodes after his nap, which he cut an hour short today for some reason and was really super grumpy. Then after we went to pick up Chris' car from the shop, which ended up being NOT fixed to his standards, and returned home without his car Travis just melted into oblivion. He was unresponsive and completely not here. All he wanted was tea, that I had just made, and "chocolate". Neither of which he was allowed to have before he ate dinner. Needless to say, he was put to bed without his supper tonight and I had one of those moments where I hate how I'm acting but I can't think of any other way to get my point across. I know he saw mad and dislike in my eyes but I couldn't help it. I kept telling him that I loved him but that because he wouldn't eat just one bite, just one, he wasn't going to get any tea or chocolate (chocolate milk). He finally came around an hour later and ate almost all of his hotdog and tasted the mac and cheese. So for every bite of hotdog, I let him have a sip of tea and then he got one book and is now, thankfully, asleep. It always amazes me how a few hours can feel like a whole other day. But we all survived for the most part! Here's to hoping tomorrow is better!

1 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    Oh, Cat...I do know those days, those moments all too well. Noah is struggling lately with fits. In fact, your dinner scenario was very familiar to me. That kid, sometimes he just digs in his heels and I have to remind myself again and again to stay calm. I try to figure out why he is acting the way he is (tired, hungry, been picked on by his brothers) so I can be sympathetic, but I don't let him get away with being snotty, even if he is tired. Just know that this too shall pass and whatever you have to do to get through it some days, just do it. Even if it's an extra hour of TV or sticking it out during a hard tantrum when you feel like caving. I catch myself giving my kids angry eyes all the time without meaning to. I just try to remind myself to be calm yet again. Breathe. Figure out how to handle it. We all have these days...I'm glad that one's over for you=)

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB