food

2.16.2010 1 comments
I love food. LOVE it. So I'm going to share some of my favorite meals and if I get some interest, maybe I'll share all my favorites. I'm starting with a winter crock pot meal. For some reason, I can't stand chicken noodle soup; it makes me gag. So I was very wary to try this meal out, but Chris was so excited for it that I went for it, with a box of craft mac and cheese on stand by just in case... It's delicious and now one of my favorite cold day dinners :) When I make this, it makes enough for almost 4 people, so if you got an extra roll of biscuits, you'd be gravy. Or you can do like we do, stuff ourselves and then have an awesome lunch the next day!


Chicken 'n Dumplings
ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 can condensed cream of chicken
1 can condensed cream of mushroom
2 cans of water
4 tsp flour
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup frozen peas (really, whatever looks right to you- same with the carrots)
6-8 baby carrots, sliced
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

directions:
cut up chicken into whatever shape you want to eat, cubed, diced, strips, etc. cook. put chicken and all other ingredients except the biscuits into crock pot. Stir to mix. I like to save 4 of the 8 biscuits and cook them in the oven to have with the meal. tear up biscuits into 1/2" pieces and layer on top. Cook for 4-6hrs on low.

1 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    Looks really good! I'm excited to put this on the menu for next week. Or, I guess in 2 weeks since I just went shopping. I'll let you know how it goes over at our house.

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB