We had a very good day today. It was sunny and warm, but there was still pretty snow in the back yard. We spent the morning cleaning our carpets downstairs and they look fabulous. Just as good, if not better, than when we have hired someone to do it in the past. We went out to lunch at our favorite sandwich place and I picked up some great new plates for the boys at Target. A 2pack for $1.50. Can't beat that! We stopped by a playground and Chase now likes the slides :) only the open air ones, but they had a double side by side slide and the boys were just in heaven racing down them. It was awesome! When we got home, I managed to get both boys to take a nap at the same time and Chris and I rearranged the living room...yet again. The tv viewing area is cozier and the toys are out of sightline behind the sofa with plenty of play space. Chris tried to convince me to do away with the sofa and chair and just get 6 bean bags. Mmmmeh, not thinking that will help me feel like a put together adult. I love that we have trained Travis to cope well with change. He didn't even say a word about his toys being in yet another different spot when he woke up. He just got out what he wanted and started to play! We made sugar cookies before dinner and it was so much fun to have the three of us cook together :)
I don't like the cookies, but T thinks they are good so I guess we'll keep them around.
I made the best pesto I have ever had for dinner- and it was so easy! Solid A+. Only got the pasta pot and the food processor dirty.
Go make it for yourself this week!!! I even put in 2 small jalapenos, seed and all, and it wasn't very spicy- just delicious! And of course, Chase loved it too! We then put both boys to bed at the same time and...wait for it....
TRAVIS KEPT HIS UNDIES DRY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So far, just telling him every morning that he's going to be potty trained today is working really well. This week he has started off wearing real undies in the morning and then after he has two accidents, I tell him he has to put the paper undies on. Today, he just put the paper ones on from the start and did great. I am kicking myself for not thinking of this earlier. I told him last week or so, after he started crying because Chase had "broken" his hot wheels track, that it was ok, he (Travis) was great at fixing things. He immediately stopped whining and repeated with a smile on his face that he was a great fixer and then magically everything was ok. He was no longer mad at Chase. I'd never even considered just telling him that he was potty trained. Or that it would happen today; today he would be trained. Even if it doesn't, he starts the day with a great attitude about the whole potty ordeal. Thank god we are making headway because with only 4months to go before his 4th birthday, I was getting slightly impatient and running out of cheerful praises.
I also got to spend some quality time with my new day planner/calendar thingy :)
Ain't she purdy? It's already proven quite useful... A very important date is looming ever closer! 2 weeks!
We still won't know until that afternoon which school he will be attending. One is a 6hr day-5 days/week with uniforms but basically free and the other is a 3hr day-5 days/week no strings attached, no getting kicked out for taking vacation, just play-school mentality that costs a small amount. I'm leaning towards the paid, relaxed school option. He's going to be in real school for what will seem like the rest of his life...no need to rush things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment