week 1

10.01.2009 1 comments

Chase is already a week old and I can't believe it; I can't believe it's been a week and then I can't believe it's only been a week. It seems like he has always been a part of our family. Travis adores him; he's such a proud big brother. He shows Chase off to everyone and asks to hold him at least once a day. We can't go anywhere without Chase and I'm fairly certain Chase wouldn't have it any other way. Chase will stop what he's doing (mainly sucking on his pacifier or staring at the lights) to follow his brother's voice around the room. We haven't had any jealousy issues and we've only had two problems develop. The smell of Chase's poo makes Travis gag (I feel you there buddy) but he still wants to help with the diaper changes and Travis now wants a glass of milk before bed like Chase gets. We can totally deal with those :)
Chase has gained 3 oz from his birth weight and is sleeping in his crib for the most part. At first, Chris and I both had that, "he's so tiny, we need him close" instinct going on and started searching for a reasonably priced bassinet option. After we couldn't find anything we were satisfied with, he's been sleeping in his Halo swaddler in his crib...or sandwiched between two neck roll pillows in the middle of our bed on nights I can't get him to sleep and he constantly spits the pacifier out but wants it right back. Thank goodness we have a king sized bed! He's been giving us one 5 hr sleep stretch a day-wonderful!! The last two nights has been from 3am to almost 8...until last night where he is currently in that 5hr stretch now- it just happened to start at 6am, when Travis was ready to get up. It's going to be an interesting month! We will see how well I cope with the sleep schedule. Chris went back to work today for two half days, then as of Monday, I'll be on my own for good. I'm actually really excited for the challenge!

1 comments:

  • Lizzy said...

    You look amazing, you baby is incredibly adorable, Travis looks like he's already adapted to the big brother role and Chris is the perfect, proud daddy. This is pure perfection.

    BTW: What is that cool pillow you are resting on??

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB