Ok, let's see. What is going on in my world. Well. We have started potty training for real this time. We purchased two frog potties that sit on the floor, one for each floor of the house. Travis loves them! And I'm going to have to add here that these were the potties I had picked out before we started potty training and Chris said no to little potties- so mom's really do know best sometimes ;) He used them twice last night after we got them home; lots of cheering ensued. So far this morning, he has sat on the potty but done nothing, peed in his underwear, and pooped in his diaper. In that order. Sigh, it's a long process I'm gathering. What else? Chase is huge! Not really but he seems so big to me. I wanted to take a picture of all his newborn clothes all stacked up before we took them to the consignment store, but I didn't get a chance. He's wearing 3 month clothes already! So on Thursday I reorganized the clothes in the storage boxes and rearranged his closet. Now I have 3 and 6 month stuff out and up to 24 month stuff put away. He has also moved up to 6oz bottles for every feeding. Every 4 hours. This boy's tummy just will not give me a break! I'm expecting him to be 12 lbs or very close to it by his 2 month visit in 2 weeks. The 8oz bottles are just a little ridiculous in comparison to his body- see photo. He's very wide. And goes very butterball after a bottle. It's adorable! Alright, more you say. Ok so me. "Let's talk about me. me. me."-I HATE that song. After Chris brought home some Halloween candy "just in case we got some treaters," I have put on 2 lbs even with walking 2 miles 2-3 times a week. My goal of just trying not to gain any weight thru the holiday season and then worry about loosing the baby weight next year is being modified. I have a blubber butt. I think it's gross no matter what my hubby says so I've started self inflicted boot camp. Every other night I'm working on muscle tone for the next two weeks in my tummy, thighs, calves, and booty. My back is surprisingly really really toned; thank god I've got one thing that didn't go all mushy. Then after that, it's major cardio on the elliptical. I'm hoping that in another two weeks the boys might actually give me a break and nap at the same time. I love taking them for walks on the greenway for Travis' nap but I can't really get the heart pumping since I'm pushing T in the BOB and I've got Chase strapped to my chest. We are still going to go, I just need a harder workout. So that's my plan. Hopefully by our 4th anniversary(!!!) I'll feel sexy again. 6 weeks to give it a try anyway! In other news... I can't decide if I should leave my hair long or cut it short. Thoughts? Comments?
Christmas Shopping Update:
I've purchased my mom and my dad and Chris' grandma gifts already! I'm kicking your butt :P We have one for Travis too and are expecting Aunt Meredith to send us her list soon so I can check her off the list too. I'm slowly amassing a pile of word search books for my grandfather so I can cross him off in a few weeks. What else do you get an 87.5 yr old man who doesn't want anything? I want to give him something, it makes me feel good, so I went with what I knew he enjoyed.


2 comments:
1. I can't wait for the day we have frog potties at our house. I am officially over diapers.
2. 6oz?? Holy lord. Am I under-feeding C? She eats 4oz every 3 hours. Did I uh-oh? Should she be eating more?
3. I am so jealous! I really wish I had started Christmas shopping but not even close. My game plan is to do it all online. I'll let you know how it goes? What are you getting your C? I think our C an exersaucer.
1. um yeah, diapers are just no fun all around. little bladders though, are proving to be all I do all day; give him milk, try to get him to pee every 30 mintues. once we are out of diapers, I'm foreseeing lots of accidents because mommy forgot to take him to the potty!
2. well, if she drains every last drop of the 4oz, offer her more-she doesn't have to drink it and maybe she's still a little hungry. most of the time Chase drinks 5-5.5oz but sometimes he wants the whole 6. I'd sure want her to go longer than every 3hrs between feeding ;) I complain about every 4!
3. good luck with the online shopping! I've only got a few things I can order online. I'm jealous. Sigh, what to get C...exersaucers are lots of fun apparently. I still can't decide because it really doesn't matter, he is never going to remember and I can't even remember what we got Tman for his first Christmas. So far I've gotten him some socks. Mom of the year right?
Post a Comment