Today is the start of something new. March 2010. It feels great to start a new month on a Monday. Like it really can be all fresh and new and perfect; just waiting to see how we will fill it. So to enjoy it's new freshiness, I'll just quickly recap last month's finance plan and how we did and then go play! We did great! We gave it a good 'college try', whatever that means, and ended up better than expected. We weren't perfect, but we did good.
We got an extra $30 in cash to be honest. At the beginning of last week, Chris had $50 left and I had $26 left of our cash. He took us out to dinner last Monday with some of his cash and I gave him my extra cash over the weekend, of which I only spent $7 during the week, to pool for all our various eating out expenses. We then gave my niece $10 for her birthday. We ended up putting two meals on the credit card so we are $28 over in our dining budget- which was zero, and I'm so upset about that. In Quicken, it has a little graph at the bottom that shows you where you've gone over your budgets in red. RED. I hate the red. Otherwise, we've done fabulous. We went over the child supplies budget majorly. $222 over! I can't really say what I bought that I shouldn't have. We got some sippy cups for Chase, a toddler dining chair for Travis, a padded high chair insert for Chase...otherwise, I don't see anything 'new' laying around and all that adds up to around $70. Hmm, the great mysteries of life...
But even with our overages, we are only $85 over our total monthly budgets! That's pretty darn good! Yay, us!
So here's hoping March is even better :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Great job! It really is inspiring to hear about someone who is keeping track of every penny. Enjoy March! It's going to be a great month, I can feel it!
AND. Holy cow! We got the package this afternoon and the boys were squealing with delight as I pulled out mouse after mouse! I can't believe you did that! It must have taken forever to do so many mice, but the boys were all thrilled to each have their own. Jack named his Bingo, Taylor named his Buggy, Noah called his Jelly Bean, and Austin's (of course) is Fredrick. They played with them ALL DAY LONG making beds with paper towels and a house out of a shoebox. It was really so fun and I can't thank you enough! I'm blown away that you took the time to do that for us. I love them just as much as I thought I would. Thank you, thank you!! They are a treasure.
Hehe! I'm so glad you liked Fredrick's surprise :) The time consuming part was sewing on their faces...and the fact that T kept stealing the ears before I sewed them together and using them as "finger mittens". OH that boy! I'm going to have to make another one for my craft website so I can get the how to photos. Wasn't thinking about that when we made the Larson mice :)
Post a Comment