This is baby Kaitlin's room :) Her mommy picked a very vibrant pink for her walls and pulled it all together with dark furniture, some adorable butterfly shears and sweet green curtains. Mommy then hired me and my cousin/sis Melissa to paint two murals in her room.
This is how we create the murals. Melissa draws the designs out on paper and then I freehand them onto the walls with chalk. It wipes right off the walls after we are done painting :)
and here is the finished product :) We rearranged the crib side of the room so the bed would be centered on the wall and centered under the banner since Mommy said she would be centering a twin bed on that wall later. I think it works out great and now Mommy will get to look at the sweet garden mural while she nurses baby Kaitlin instead of out into the hall. The birdhouse is a growth chart with the vine wrapping around it marking every foot. We hope baby Kaitlin loves her first room because we had a lot of fun making it pretty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
SO CUTE! I need you to come finish my playroom for me will you? I painted trees on one wall, but they pale in comparison to yours. And I'm stumped over what to do with the rest. SO soo cute. I think if I ever have a girl, it will be excuse enough to fly you out, don't you think?
ok, that is AMAZING!! I can't believe it--ok, I can believe it, but really, I love it! and why do I live so far away from you??
Um, yes! If I had tons of money Nat, I'd fly out next week and paint whatever you wanted me to :) I'm sure your playroom looks cute! Feel free to hit me up for ideas if you're still stuck when you get that magical free time to finish it ;)
and thanks Marianne! Steph, the client liked it a lot and her mom loved it so we are hoping some of her friends get jealous and want us to paint something too!
I am so jealous of your creativity! I wish I were crafty like that. I took a Sips N Strokes painting class, and let's just say I was embarrassed to bring home what I painted. That nursery is gorgeous! You are quite talented.
Post a Comment