28!

3.23.2010 3 comments
Today my sweet hubby turns 28 :)  He's such an old man...j/k!  He already bought himself two birthday presents so I didn't have to think of anything creative, but I am going to try to make him some cupcakes today.  His parents and grandma came over on Saturday to celebrate early and teach me how to make "the cake".  Angel food cake from scratch.  From the 1948 recipe.  They just don't make things like they used to!  The first cake, I took out too early and it fell out of the pan into a lump of half baked goodness.  So we tried again and the second cake was delicious!  It wasn't quite as good as when grandma makes it, but I'll just have to keep practicing :)  When I asked Chris what he wanted for dinner tonight, he laughed and said he wanted everyone to be better.  Chase, then me, and Travis still, went through the stomach bug on Sunday and Monday.  I'm still crossing my fingers that we have cleaned the house good enough so that Chris doesn't catch it too!  I'm so thankful to have Chris.  He's the best in every way and I can't imagine life without him!!  Happy Birthday love!

3 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB