First, because I confused some people and I didn't mean to... we did not move. Though I would love to have said that we did. We moved my cousin and her daughter into their new home. It was way strenuous/exhausting because we actually moved her twice- once into a storage unit and then secondly from the storage unit to their new home. Overall, we only had to make 3 trips from the storage unit, but it was still a massive amount of stuff! Poor Chris had to endure lugging yet another washer and dryer up the stairs...it was shades of our move in day, though since it was my dad, aka- Silent Bob (his name is really Donnie, fyi), it was just quieter frustration and desperation. If we get to build our next house, the laundry room will be on the first floor.
And second, we are putting T on the high calorie "milk" to help us expand his belly. I know it's pretty normal for 2-3 yr olds to eat like tiny birds...birds that like crackers and fruit snacks and maybe occasionally a hot dog. So I'm not too worried about his diet quite yet. We can already tell that Chase is going to be an eater so I can only assume that a healthy dose of sibling rivalry will spur T into eating his food before Chase does it for him. Our problem was that after enduring the stomach bug, he just didn't want to eat. At all. So we needed to get his belly back up to the point where it would tell him, "you need to eat more of that hot dog cause we're still empty down here". Thus the high calorie milk comes in to fill up his belly with the energy he needs and help us stretch that tummy back out. Since he wasn't eating, I was withholding his beverage until he ate something so he didn't just fill up on milk and eat nothing. The liquid diet ended at his 1st birthday afterall. So that's our plan and reasoning. And Nat, it seems to be working! He's got a little beer belly going on for most of the day and he's actually eating more of his food after 4 days of the "new milk". This morning he ate his entire pop-tart! We went ahead and bought another 20 days worth of the "new milk" since we had a coupon and were seeing some (even if it is just slight) appetite improvement. I can't see every single one of his ribs anymore either! Yay T!
And another fyi, I'm not mad or offended or anything :) I just thought since I was clarifying the moving thing y'all might want to know that too! I wish I could express emotion on here better than just a smiley face, oh well!
And third, Chase is mobile!!!!! I'd love to post a video, but I can't figure out how...anyone want to let me in on that secret??? He waited until Chris was home from work and then made his first attempts at crawling across the floor successfully with both of us in the room, Chris with iphone in hand! So we actually got the very first time on camera and we both got to see it! I love that kid :) he's just perfect in every way! T isn't too sure about this whole phenomenon. He'll yell, "Mom, get him, he's crawling to me!" or randomly he'll be excited about it and talk to Chase asking him to crawl over to some toys with him. Both instances are very cute and it's so hard not to laugh at them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Do you have the video on your computer? I usually use the old editor (click on settings, scroll down to 'select post editor' under 'global settings' and change from 'updated editor' to 'old editor'. save changes. Then when you go to post it's pretty easy. I just click the little film strip button, browse, select the file, add it, and wait for it to load...sometimes it takes a while. I'm sure you can do it with the new one somehow...I just don't know how.=) Did this make sense at all?
that was like having you on the phone walking me thru it! I'll try it asap in the morning :)
Post a Comment