One week from now, I hope to tell you that Travis is 5lbs heavier. He weighs 27lbs, after a glass of milk. He's a twig and if he's going to get any taller, he needs some extra fat to fuel the growth. I was hoping that I could pass on the super tall genes that run in my family (my two boy cousins are both over 6' 5", and I'm the only girl who is under 5' 8") but even if T isn't going to be tall, he still needs the extra fat. He goes non stop all day and that requires a lot of energy expenditure. So we are fattening up the boy, or trying our very best to! He's getting carnation instant breakfast in two glasses of whole milk a day. That comes out to a whopping 280 calories of chocolate goodness in each glass. So here's to a chunky toddler in a few months...we hope!
(and hopefully a pair of unchunky parents to go with it! I just ate 6 mr. goodbars- since Sunday. that's a whopping 1500 calories of candy. in 3 days. yikes! good thing they are gone!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
My Noah is a string bean too. Jack is average, Tays has some healthy meat on his bones. I still give Noah whole milk bottles for nap and bed time, but the kid eats like a bird. What can you do? Sounds like you have a good plan, let me know how it works for you.
It's all that toddler energy! And probably a good metabolism too! One of the little boys I nannied has always been a string bean. They tried just about everything to fatten him up, but he's just always been small. I hope it works for you!
Post a Comment