a little catch up...
These are my mom's day flowers. Travis picked them for me. (from the lawn!) Aren't they pretty?! They lasted 3 days too! pretty darn impressive for a "weed" I think. He was so proud :) I love that little butthead something fierce!
and now back to reality...
Travis will be three in exactly 7 days. 3!!!!! 7 days!!! ackkk!!! I still just can't believe he's three. This year has been a tough one, lots of being a mom, lots of fake crying, lots of tired fits, lots of NOT eating, and surprisingly lots of firsts still. First vomiting sickness- that one sticks out like a flaming hazard beacon in my memory, first time using the potty, first time drinking w/o a straw in a real cup, first time another kid hit him, first time using a camera successfully (hmpf, him not me!), first time meeting his brother, first time spending the night away from me (wahhhh!), first dentist visit, first trip to the zoo, first ride on a tiny train, first birthday requests, etc etc- the list just keeps going. Not to mention all the neat stuff he does now. He's quite the little person and I love who he is. He's Travis...or T-man, as he prefers to be called. And that is one interesting little mind he's got. I love listening to him use his imagination. Sometimes he asks me to play along, but mostly, he's happy to just play by his self. He has quirks just like any kid does. He used to always line his cars up, any cars that happened to be near him- even if we were in a store, and he doesn't do that very much any more and I kinda miss it. But here lately, his latest quirk is his deer obsession. We live in a "rural" suburb. There are lots of horse farms nearby so we still have some wild forested sections here and there. Which means, deer. On the road, in our yard...trying to get in our house- well that one is according to Travis, who makes sure to ask me if I've locked the doors and the windows every night. You know, so the deer can't get in. And I have to turn the "dream sheep" on to the rain setting every night so it will scare the deer away. And any time anyone honks their car horn- T is quite certain they are honking some deer away...and says so many many many times. We've discussed how deer aren't scary, how they can't get into our house anyway because they don't know how to use door knobs, what deer eat, where deer actually live, and we discuss all of this over and over again. He seems to have a love/hate relationship with deer. It's pretty cute as far as quirks go I think, though it does get a bit tiring. So back to that "first birthday requests" thing. When I asked Travis what he wanted for his birthday (while talking to his auntie in a video chat!), his immediate response was cake!followed by cheese. And then by balloons. And then by cheese again. Interesting. Then a few days later, I asked what he wanted on his cake. Can you guess??? Yup. Deer. And after that request was made, Daddy and I asked if he wanted to go see some deer on his birthday. Yeehssss. Ok! So we are going to the Yellow River Game Ranch on Saturday where we will see, smell, and FEED deer. We think we will be feeding them carrots- I'll give you the play by play later ;) We are hoping that Grandma & Grandpa Delp and Granny will be joining us since it is in their neck of the woods. I am currently brainstorming cake. Whether I am going to try to make a cake myself, or if we are just going to order the "deer and hunter" cake from Walmart...hopefully minus the hunter and plus a few more deer.

I've been looking for deer figurines to put on a cake and play with later and the only ones I can find are at Target and they are $4.5 each!!

I'm sure they will get played with a ton, but I really wanted 3 deer. Since it's his 3rd birthday and all and he made the random request to have deer on his cake, oh with candles- can't forget that request either ;) he is such a cutie. I guess it will all depend on how much time I get this week to be creative! And to shop! I'm already researching how to make icing trees, and I'm thinking of a crumbled oreo road complete with car to honk the deer back into those icing woods... it's really super cute if I A) get time and B) can pull it off!


2 comments:
I am impressed!! Can't wait to see the cake!
I want to see how it all turned out! Sorry I haven't been around much. I HAVE been reading, but life is crazy right now and I only get small snippets of time. I'm sure you can relate. What a sweet little tribute to your T-man. He sure is adorable!
Post a Comment