waiting to go in for swim class
zoom
that's the sound last week made. zoom. it just whizzed right past us here at the Delp house. I somehow managed to take on two work projects at the same time- both on a rush rush deadline, all while knowing that Travis' swim lessons were starting this week, and that I was home alone with the boys last week, knowing that I had planned to hold a sidewalk chalk playdate here, go to several other playdates there, and while ignoring the ever mounting pile of dirty dishes with a complete guilt free conscience. Guilt free on the dishes that is. That's the one chore I'd pay someone to do for me. I love to wash the dishes, standing there with my hands in hot water while my feet are conversely bathed in cool or warm air depending on the season, staring blankly out the window at the trees. Then I had two boys and stayed at home. Now the last thing I want to think about doing is standing up, cleaning dishes, all while someone whines for me. On Monday I washed the dishes while hooked up to our shuffle and it was glorious! I wore my pink apron and didn't get my clothes soaking wet, I had the volume turned up so I couldn't hear the whining, and I even sang along to ms. Laurie Berkner. That's right. When given the option of listening to whatever my little heart desired, I loaded the shuffle up with kids songs. Sad, sad, sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment