8:00 - art time/ freeplay
9:00 - pool time/ water toys
10:30 - go to the Y
11:30 - lunch
12:30 - naptime
2:30 - outside time
4:00 - music time/ flashcards
5:00 - dinner
5:30 - play with dad
6:00 - freeplay
7:00 - bath
7:30 - Chase in bed/ TV/ books
8:00 - Travis in bed
This means Chris and I don't eat with the boys anymore at dinner time which we don't like, but right now, it's necessary. It gets better bonding time for Chris and the boys on workdays than fussing over dinner table behavior and food consumption. We eat dinner after Chase goes to bed, while T is upstairs watching his show. Chris goes to the Y at 6 and gets home in time to kiss Chase goodnight. I think I've found a balance of outside play, learning play, loud play, and alone time that works for T. It seems terrible when you see it on paper that Chris only gets like 1.5hrs/day with the boys. I can't imagine that I would ever make it to the gym if I was working too. I don't know how you working mamas do it, balance it all! I'm just so grateful that I get to stay home with my boys all day...even though I'm quite certain I've lost some intelligence by not using my brain on a daily basis! maybe I need a nintendo ds with that brain drain game ;)
This is what we do when we don't walk down to the pool. Apparently, hose water is still pretty darn cold! Poor Chase!
the art I finally made for T's room. I freehanded it with a Bernstein book and a Little Tykes bus as inspiration. Not half bad. Canvas was 40% off at Joanns and I used 45cent craft paints from Walmart we had on hand from our mural work. I plan on putting a coat of poly over it and making a firetruck version in a city scene and maybe a dumptruck at a rock quarry since now I need three to balance out the wall.
the boys getting in the way as I moved them in together and made the playroom. pictures of both to follow later this week :)







3 comments:
Your house sounds like fun. I want to come play!
So Travis got his way and they are moving in together, huh?! Well good luck! :) and I love the canvas--I can't wait to see the others!
I love that they share a room now -- that's so big boy of both of them!
I love your schedule -- you are one busy lady! I am also insanely jealous of your sunshine. We've seen one (count it...one) day of sunshine since last year. We might (big might) hit 80 this weekend and the whole town is freaking out. Wish I were with you!
Post a Comment