sidetrack

7.19.2010 1 comments
...should be my middle name.  I can't stay on task to save my life!  Well, if it came to that, I probably could.
I'm supposed to be cleaning the house since I finally got both boys to be good and take a nap at the same time.  I am, of course, not in the mood to clean.  Sometimes I do get in the mood to make our house feel all nice and sparkly- as Travis calls it.  But I'm not feelin' it a this current point in time.  The carpets need to be cleaned, but as we went on vacation this month, that money is already spent so the carpets are going to stay filthy dirty for another month.  They are incredibly distracting.  Every time I try to do anything cleanwise, I look down and then I start dreaming of cleaning them myself or just ripping them out all together and trying to lay laminate wood floors down.  Which of course leads to dreaming about rearranging the kitchen...I saw a kitchen on a magazine cover yesterday at the grocery store that I just can't stop thinking about whenever I let my mind go there.  It goes there a lot ;)  And wait, wasn't I doing something???  Oh yeah, those dishes again...
So here is my latest, latest, in the past 10 minutes, distraction:

Travis has asked me to decorate his room in tractors.  I grilled him on exactly what that meant.  Did he want cars and tractors? No just tractors.  What color tractors did he want?  Bwue.  Hmmmm, so Mr. John Deere is out.  Double checked to be sure "blue" was actually the color blue and not the color green or red or yellow.  He apparently really meant blue this time.  Where do you want tractors?  On my bed.  And on dat (points at the school bus canvas I painted him) right dere (points to wall next to school bus canvas).
Thus begins my search for cute tractor themed bedding that I like.  Because the tractor part is for him, how it looks is for me.  Enter the best tractor bedding I have EVER seen!!!

Guess where it's from?

Give up?

Australia.  Yup, that's right.  I let myself fall in love with something that takes an 18hr plane ride to get to me.  Enter $45 shipping charge.  In Australian currency.  I haven't had the guts to find a converter.  Nor have I placed the order.  Yet.

1 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    Such cute bedding! I love how you took the time to find out exactly what he wanted, but here's hoping that you can find something closer. Sorry I haven't been around much. I HAVE been around, reading your every post, I just find my blogging time giving way to "laying on the couch because I'm so darn tired all of the time" But I am here, I promise. Just more of a lurker than an active participant these days. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the tractor theme, you have great taste. Also, I want to see a picture of the kitchen you're dreaming about=)

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB