We hit the "1 week" mark with flying colors! And the prize was deemed worthy of the taskpunishment. So we headed to the beach for our second week with a running start...which woefully petered out after the first day. However, he did actually sit on the potty and pee at least 4 times a day (how many times do you pee in a day?) so we kept up our side of the bargain and he now has 3 new dinosaurs to ride in the train. That wasn't as worthy of a prize apparently, but he is still trying. And I'm still trying to help him as much as I can. So for the record, the gold star chart system still works great! I tried to convince my 9yr old cousin to participate in a sticker chore chart to get toys or other stuff...she was being jealous of Travis' chart/reward system...she elected to ignore my suggestion. I think I'll take my own advice to heart in a year and have T cleaning his own room. Heck, he already offers to vacuum and he's expected to carry in 3 grocery bags every week when we get home from the store- because he's 3. Last year it was 2. Like that arrangement? ;) I'm visualizing the day I can just stand in the kitchen and have all the bags brought in to me to put away! Man, life is gonna be good, haha!
And how about another woot woot for Chase?!
He has moved on to sippie cups and he is almost on whole milk! He still gets a bottle before bed and when he wakes up in the middle of the night because, after all, you can't chug a sippie cup with a soft spout. But he's doing great! Chase has entered my most favorite baby stage and I feel like I'm missing it. I know I'm not, but I just don't get enough time with him right now, just him being him, because he gets into everything. I can't just put him down outside because he scampers off and starts eating mulch. And inside, he heads strait for the stairs, or the toilet paper roll, or the floor lamp, or his brother's rock collection. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I'm guessing I've lost a few pounds even with the indulgent vacation diet ;)
ps- bonus points to anyone who caught that I misnumbered the chart! as I hinted at, I've got a lot to distract me at the moment, but I really wouldn't have it any other way ;)
And how about another woot woot for Chase?!
He has moved on to sippie cups and he is almost on whole milk! He still gets a bottle before bed and when he wakes up in the middle of the night because, after all, you can't chug a sippie cup with a soft spout. But he's doing great! Chase has entered my most favorite baby stage and I feel like I'm missing it. I know I'm not, but I just don't get enough time with him right now, just him being him, because he gets into everything. I can't just put him down outside because he scampers off and starts eating mulch. And inside, he heads strait for the stairs, or the toilet paper roll, or the floor lamp, or his brother's rock collection. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I'm guessing I've lost a few pounds even with the indulgent vacation diet ;)
ps- bonus points to anyone who caught that I misnumbered the chart! as I hinted at, I've got a lot to distract me at the moment, but I really wouldn't have it any other way ;)



0 comments:
Post a Comment