change

8.24.2010 1 comments
I'm at a point in my life where I have to decide what my style is.  Both clothing style and decorating style.  And it scares me to death.  I just don't even know where to start.  The "experts" of decorating say that you should look in your closet to find the colors and textures you are most drawn to.  Well... that would be fine if I liked even half of the clothing in my closet.  Some of you may remember my closet reveal awhile back where I admitted to wearing maternity clothes way past the acceptable post-baby time.  Happily, those clothes are all too big now (though I do still wear the tanktops anyway) and I did refresh my summer wardrobe with 4 soft dresses and 2 new shirts and shorts.  But now where do I go to find my fashion?  I can't spend a ton of money on clothes and accessories (how I ended up buying my new summer clothes from a teen attire store); oh how I miss the days of spending the entire day shopping for clothes for my mom and I- only stopping for a quick cookie and coke break.  With two little boys, that's never going to happen again!
I just am at a loss.  I resigned to not let the style of our current house dictate our decorating style.  It's fairly traditional, but if we changed the kitchen cabinets and countertop, it really could be anything.  It could easily go pretty modern, inside and out.  So then my dilemma is, what really is my style?  I'm drawn to light and airy-  (insert billowy whiteness here)- and then immediately crumple that image up because, let's be honest, I have boys and two big dogs.  Nothing in my life will ever be white except for my hair.  But I digress.  Here is my example:

I love both of these sofas.  And they couldn't be more different.  So which one is me?  anybody?

1 comments:

  • Anonymous said...

    This is Em. I love the top picture.

    I don't know what my style is either. I have one shirt in 7 different colors and I wear the same shirt almost every day.

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB