cute baby food

10.15.2010 0 comments
Yes.  I said baby food was cute.  Because it is when you make it like this!!!

http://styleberryblog.com/2010/08/02/creating-a-new-normal-efficient-homemade-baby-food/
I found this site and fell in love with the cuteness.  A friend of mine, who is pregnant with her second, mentioned that she was going to try even harder with this kid to go all natural.  And I thought, hmm, I've kinda been backsliding with Chase.  I mean, I started out trying to make Travis' food and then ended up feeding him all organic baby food and refused to let him have anything but Kosher hotdogs and heaven help me when he actually found french fries.  Soooo, I went and bought a set of 2 trays from our Williams-Sonoma outlet for $11 something and decided to give it a try since Chase is still being lazy and wants to be fed.  I figured they would make great jello cube molds if nothing else.

It was super easy to make the fruit.  I just chucked everything into our food processor and bam I was done. Except for the Strawberry-Raspberry-Blueberry one.  For some reason the raspberries and blueberries were really tart so I added some sugar and melted it all together over the stove (too much-oops!) and now it tastes like fruity syrup.  My favorite pancake topping :)

My fingers are freezing right now because I just popped them all out of the trays.  I had no problems getting the cubes out at all.  I did just like the site said and made sure the edges were all showing through.

And being adorable little cubes, they really are super easy to stack and store.  They take up WAY less room than when I tried to make baby food for Travis in regular ice cube trays.
So success I think.  I did let them sit for two nights in the trays to be sure they were frozen all the way, but honestly, it took me all of 10 minutes to make and clean up 30 oz of food.  I'm sold.  I wish I had found that site a year ago!  Now, this week I'm going to try to find that quinoa stuff and make some veggie cubes :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB