progress

10.13.2010 0 comments
I've been trying harder lately to be a better me.  I've never been good with keeping up with the housekeeping.  Today I put away one load of laundry from yesterday and washed and dried another, but alas, it still sits in the dryer getting wrinkly and since our laundry room is upstairs, I can't do anything about that.  To all moms, laundry upstairs is not necessarily a bonus.  I'd much rather chunk the clothes down the stairs and be able to do the laundry whenever and not have my bedroom feel like a sauna.  So just keeping from falling further behind is my goal- if I get ahead in one area- gold star for me!
My project list is still miles long, but I am trying to get there.  I do still need to make an actual physical list for all the different areas of my life that have projects left half done.  Maybe then, I can tackle them one by one and FINISH something!  I've made marginal headway with the baby quilt I am making for Chase.  I've gotten 3 out of 8 rows done... And I've changed my mind with decorating his room.  Typical me.  I'm still going to finish the quilt though, it'll be nice to have in the car.  The boys started to require blankets in the car this summer.  They snuggle them, hide under them, play tug of war with them, and keep warm when the AC gets to chilly.
Yesterday I worked on our wedding pictures.  Cropping, turning black and white, photoshopping my weird small tooth.  I'm hoping to turn them into a photo book by our 5th anniversary and print out one to hang in the hall upstairs.
Today I cleaned out the garage and organized the shed again.  It feels better, but it's still so cluttered looking to me.  One of the projects I started, hoping it would make the garage feel better, was to use our leftover blue paint and paint the garage walls and ceiling (I started that the week after we brought Chase home).  Today, I spackled everywhere I could reach without a ladder.  It is a garage after all, the walls won't be perfect.  And I cleaned the door into the house.  And sanded and stained the little wooden step up to the house.  Tomorrow I will be painting the wooden step instead.  And maybe I can get some wall painting in too, but I'm not holding my breath.  I had to kill a mondo spider today and I'm so glad it was brown and black because the ones with yellow really give me the heebie jeebies.  Especially because they squish green goo.  Grossed out yet?  I am!  yuck!!!
Dear Fall, I really really really love you, but I hate your spiders.  HATE.
I also called Pro Carpets and nicely told them I was not satisfied.  And that the technician was over an hour late.  Go me!  I don't like to complain, because I mean who doesn't have their less than perfection moments right? but it was a lot more money than we were planning on spending.  They had an add for a $94.95 whole house cleaning, sold.  Even for just a good job, sold.  But then the guy comes out and says that we have berber carpet (we do NOT) and says he'll have to dry clean it and deep clean the downstairs and now the bill is $225.  He promises to get all my stains out with this other method.  Even the dog pee stain from 4 yrs ago that nobody else has been able to remove.  Well, long story short, I agreed to it and have regretted it ever since.  My inlaws have an older model professional carpet cleaner that we could have borrowed, but for less than $100 Chris thought having someone else do it would be really nice for me.  $225? Not so much.  Especially because he was here until 5.  The boys were holy terrors by then without an afternoon nap and being cooped up on the porch for 3hrs.  AND the stains came back the next day.  So the tech is coming back and I mean to have him clean every spot again and all of the downstairs.  I'm getting my money's worth somehow.  I'm also going to have a talk with him and a manager when he gets here because he used the wrong method to clean our carpets per the manufacturers warranty.  He insisted he was right and that I was wrong.  I was not wrong.  Send me all your type A, assertive mama mojo on Thursday- I'm gonna need it!
And the last better me area is treating being a WAHM like a real job.  Not that it isn't fun, but like I shouldn't stay in my pjs all day.  I should get dressed, get organized, have a plan, try to have a schedule.  So today, I cleaned the garage dressed in pearls and lace.  Baby steps.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get out of bed before Chris leaves for work.  It would be awesome if I could somehow get up and dressed before Travis woke up.  Maybe make Chris' lunch before he came down to eat breakfast so I could sit down and eat with him.  Maybe even wash the dishes before we tromp outside for the day or *gasp* even right after dinner!  Baby steps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB