tis the season

10.06.2010 2 comments
I've been really busy lately doing lots of work for Ashton Woods and feeling craptacular with the sudden boom in ragweed here.  I promise I will update with some pictures of Chase's birthday week, which by the way, went straight to his head and he proceeded to act like a diva for a whole week afterwards.  It was still cute.  But I'm looking forward to some more free time so we can get back outside playing and enjoying next week, whatever it may hold for us.  As I was saying, I've been doing a lot of work on the computer lately so I give myself little 5 minute breaks every hour I work.  I wish I could say I was productive with that time, but really, I just read blogs.  And apparently, tis the season to check your attitude and be appreciative for what you've got.  Natalie just posted about it, Ni Hao Y'all just posted about it, Kelly's Korner just posted about it, and so did Tiny Prints.  So obviously, I get it.  Time to join in and be thankful.  And boy am I.  Just today I was lamenting about being left to do the bedtime routine for the boys by myself when low and behold, I come downstairs from putting Chase to bed and Chris is washing all the dishes I had gotten behind on during the week.  So sweet :)  I've been trying to do a journal of sorts.  Of the little parts of our days that Dad doesn't get to see.  I had been doing really well up until last week, of sending Chris a little video at least once a day of the boys doing something.  Riding in the gator, swinging, playing on the castle, etc.  He has said more than once that he hates that by the time he gets home from work the boys are either in meltdown bedtime mode or manic stay away mode- neither of which are fun- so that was my way of reminding him that our boys are sweet and adorable and really fun to be around...sometimes ;)  And that I'm grateful I get to see those moments.  Very grateful babe.  So in conclusion, I'm going to try to squeeze in a little post each week about the things that happened that I'm grateful for, found funny, found super sweet, or would have hated to have missed out on.
This week it's been what Travis said to me all day long:

Mom, I love you but....  I really do want milk/ I really do want to play outside/ I really do want you to tickle me on the tickle bridge/ I'm sad your sick/ I really miss Daddy (OMG, could he be more adorable?!).
All day long.  Each time it was a "but..." something different.  Funny.  I never thought he'd put limits on his love so young.  So I happened to have said back to him, "Well Travis, I really love you too but I want you to pee in the potty and not in your underwear."  The training, yeah, it's not going so well.  When I asked him why he wasn't using the potty he said because Chase wears diapers.  Lovely.  So guess who's potty training now too?

AND watching Chase dance every time the music comes on to his Weebles Treehouse.    It's the cutest thing ever!

AND seeing Travis follow directions.  To the dance robot on the Disney Channel.  His firetruck dance is pretty impressive ;)

2 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    Such a great snapshot of your life, and such a cute picture of your adorable boys. I like "I love you but..." a lot better than the "If you don't ________ then I won't love you!" I've been getting from my boys. those stinkers.

  • Marianne said...

    wow-Chase looks so old in that picture! I hope he had a great birthday--I still feel like you just told me you were pregnant by showing me the ultrasound pic on your iphone. time flies. miss you!

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB