This is a photo from Lonny magazine. I would LOVE to have this in my house. In my boys room. For too long I have let this house dictate my style and I've finally decided to take back control. Who care's if the outside is traditional- my love is modern minimalism with lots of personality. I absolutely love cream bedding and that is actually normally what is on T's bed (accidents happen!). We even had to break out the cream quilt last week. And even though we had the eaves in his room insulated last year and it is actually fairly weatherproof in there now, he currently sleeps with at least one shirt on under his fleece pjs (he prefers 3), a space heater on next to his bed set to 70, and under not 1, not 2, but three layers of blankets. It's slightly ridiculous. I think we might have graduated to him sleeping under a sheet instead of just a blanket. Which is actually quite remarkable considering just last year he still wasn't even sleeping on a pillow- they grow up so darn fast!
When the lights are on in T's room, the paint color is quite similar to this photo. Anyone else LOVE it? Like it a little? See why I'm still not so convinced that white furniture is "girly"?
I'm seriously considering making a version of this bed (for one dude). Platforms are very easy and I know how to make an upholstered headboard so the only thing I'd be left with is figuring out if I wanted to make any side rails or a footboard. Quite tempting. I'd love to have the bunk version, but that would mean committing to moving the boys in together and I'm not quite convinced. Yet.
I think that instead of doing "fun" bedding like T had at first said he wanted (see above), I'm going to go with this look and just add in fun pillows. That way in 6 months, when he has a new love, I can change out the entire theme of the room and it won't cost me a fortune.
such cuteness!
Ok and now one more photo for today:
I have really surprised myself. I am LOVING the dark carpets. As you might tell from the photos of our home, we have very light cream carpets. We have two big dogs. We have two boys. We live in GA. (they don't call it red georgia clay for nothing) So if we decide to stay in this house, perhaps even add an addition on, I will be replacing our current carpets upstairs with a lovely dark brown berber. Who knew I'd go all 70s inspired, but it does ground the rooms quite nicely I think. Gives you a solid secure feeling- or at least that's my take on it.
alright, now spill the beans- like? dislike? think I'm totally off my rocker? ;)
1 comments:
I love it all and have full confidence in your decisions--you always make everything look so cute! I thought of you tonight b/c our ward relief society (what we call the women's organization) had an activity on easy sewing ideas (making rosettes, applique, yo-yo flowers, ruffles, etc) that you can put on shirts/bags/headbands etc. and I thought you would have loved it. I'll get the handouts and forward them on to you.
Post a Comment