I loved these very simple letters on canvas. I'm pretty sure it's just large font cut out of scrapbook papers and modge-podged on to a canvas. I'd have to scale it back because of the eaves in his room, but I think I would still look fun.
I purchased one of these chunky block letters from JoAnn's for Chase and it is so fun. I think I might do T's initials in white- but I'm not sure where I would put them. I love the vertical impact, but we have very limited vertical wall space in there... (and actually my mommy bought the letter for me ;) )
not that I have the space for any of this, but I loved the pop of color with the white and the floating display shelves. I can imagine T will have lots of little treasures and trophies to put on them soon. I think the lights we have from ikea in his room right now would have looked much better in this picture with those awesome chairs. (they look really cool but aren't comfy at all)
then, of course I NEED some of these. We don't have a good place to put this downstairs so it's either in T's room or out in our hallway upstairs. I could be happy with either location so I guess it will depend on how crowded the room/hall feels. I'm leaning strongly towards T's room though.
depending on what I do for his bed (the next post), I'm hoping to do some of these shelves. But not for books. As you might remember, we have our library out in the hallway so no books get harmed in the wee "I'm bored" hours of the day. Instead, I'll be using them to hold cars, cars, and more cars. I think I'll end up painting out a rectangle on the wall in white and putting the shelves in it to give the room more of the look from the inspiration image. I'd like to put it either above his headboard or under the window right next to the bed... but we'll have to be sure no heads will be bumped during the night! I figure it's a pretty good bet at this point that his love of cars will never cease. There might eventually be some action figures mixed onto the shelves, maybe some pictures of his friends and then *gasp* his girlfriend, but I doubt there will be a single year where there is no toy car on them ;)
now as for more kitchen storage...well let's just say I'm green with envy over this post. I probably spent about the same for my kitchen, but I didn't end up finishing my sink cabinet. And I feel like this one is way cuter. But mine IS for my sweet boys. And mine has an oven storage drawer. And another one in the sink cabinet. So maybe it's not all that bad. I just need to make a shelf for the toaster so I can actually put a sink in the cabinet. And then build them a table they can eat at. Or maybe I'd just do a tiny little kitchen island. That would be cute and would take up less floor space. Hmm... Open on one side for a chair, open shelves on the other so I could get the dishes out of the fridge and buy more play food for Christmas... (haha, can you tell I'm already making a mental Home Depot list?!)
So that's the bits and pieces of the room. Next, I'll have to decide on beds. Twin or Double? For one or two? Build or buy?








2 comments:
I love it all of course--but can never seem to carry it all out like you do! I can't wait to see the finished product!
OK. You've done it again. Inspiration galore. Expect some crazy post over New Year's weekend about either a Carson/Playroom/Master BR/Entryway overhaul because of you ;) Besides, what else do parents do on NYE anyway? xoxo
Post a Comment