PaPa

11.19.2010 1 comments
We went to visit my grandfather last month and I got some cute photos too.  It was great, he is so happy there!  He was very hesitant to move into an assisted living home, but after he finally let his guard down, he couldn't love it any more.  Yay!  He even has a best friend there and they go galavanting around in his pickup truck to visit their old friend Fred back in Albany.  It's only about a 30 minute drive, but it still cracks me up that they randomly "bust out" of the "home" and go driving around.  Boys are always the same no matter how old they get I guess :)  Everyone loved our boys of course.  There was a group of 3 ladies who tried to grab them every time they ran within 2 feet of them, giggling the whole time (the ladies, the boys of course were doing their shrieking laughs).  Everyone felt so comfortable there, it really does feel like a nice happy home, a real home.  He picked well :)

my dad and his sister Patricia- aren't they cute? ;)

our fam w/ PaPa- this was the best we got.

PaPa and Chase- he was so fascinated by all the stuff he could get into that we rarely got a smile.

 what my boys did almost the entire time we were there!




Chase loved the rocking chair!  The "men" having a chat in their dueling rocking chairs ;)

We didn't make it in time for the family dinner the entire complex was having, but we did get some yummy desserts!  I found out that my grammy used to make the same Cherry goupas that Chris' grandma makes, except mine put chopped pecans on top...and called it cherry pie (very creative title-ha!)  After we socialized for a bit, we headed out on the "town" to find something for lunch for ourselves.  And when I say "town," I use that in the loosest of terms.  There wasn't even a blinking red light people.   So we ate at what looked like an abandoned gas station per the suggestion of one of the nurses, though I think they do still dispense gas.  It was actually ok.  I mean I've been in worse restaurants before and I can guarantee that the chicken was home-fried, probably not that day since it was rather tough, but still- not from a bag.  All in all it was a really really long day with 2 boys who would rather run around outside than sit still for a second, trapped in a car for 8hrs, but it was all worth it to me.  Thanks for suffering through the trip Chris!  I can't wait until I get to go back!


I adore and admire this man with all my heart :)

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB