I decorated our bedroom yesterday and it makes me happy. We decided not to put a tree in our bedroom this year, but thanks to Marianne moving to NC, I have a plethora of wreaths to decorate with. (thanks again!!!) I stripped this wreath of everything but the gold pinecones and twinkle lights. It's decorations were hot-glued on and several of the ornaments fell off while trying to locate where to put the hook on the wall. I just thought it would be best not to be impaled in the middle of the night so I stripped it ;) My mother-in-law gave me these really pretty ornaments...last year maybe?...and I love them. But they are REALLY heavy so hanging them on a tree has been quite the challenge. So I got all creative and decided to hang them from our bed with some leftover ribbon- don't you think it's pretty? I do! I think next year, it would be fun to get some colorful glass ornaments and hang them like this instead of having a wreath at all. I do love to fall asleep to twinkle lights though...
Don't tell Chris, but I'm really leaning towards this for our bedroom makeover. Maybe that could be my birthday gift? Paint and curtains- what every girl wants right?? I'm just over the warm brown cocoon. It has been wonderful, but it's time for a change. The new bedroom furniture is long overdue a new wall color. And a change every 5 years is perfectly acceptable I think :)
And we got a new faux tree this year! I absolutely love it. I was a little worried at first because without ornaments on it, I wasn't sure we had gotten our money's worth. Now that it is "mostly" decorated- it's just perfect :) The bottom half of the tree is looking rather barren as Chase keeps redecorating it as he sees fit. We intentionally put soft ornaments on the bottom and the cheap bells we got from Ikea so it would be ok if he just couldn't help himself, but I underestimated how high he could reach so it's quite obvious we have a toddler in the house for Christmas! Oh well :) These are my two favorite ornaments this year. Oh and our tree topper. Once I clean up downstairs I'll snap a picture of the whole tree, but for now, this is all you get.
I've been searching online for the rest of the "Christmas windows" series because I love them so much. And I found at least one of every year I'm missing. But most of them are listed on Ebay and Chris hates Paypal, so I'll have to find some other site that sells them if I want to call them mine. Online shopping is the best though!




3 comments:
love your decorations! Mine are all pretty tacky and have taken an additional beating this year due to the boys' "enthusiasm" for the holiday.=)
I love that you decorate your bedroom--I never think of that! and I'm glad those wreaths are getting some good use! I'll be in GA next week--so we need to get together sometime over the break--can't wait!
How cool are you?! I have never decorated (or cleaned for that matter) our bedroom and I love the idea!! You're a cool mama!
Post a Comment