the eyes have it

12.09.2010 0 comments
we are having some mad mad growing pains in the house this week.

can you tell who's struggling mentally and who's struggling physically?

I think the eyes say a lot.  Travis is having complete meltdowns over nothing.  Actually, mostly over me telling him to go to the potty.  Along with the potty issues, he has declared that he doesn't like chocolate now...which makes the potty thing that much harder.  Lovely.  I'm not sure he'll ever get to go to school at this rate.  Meanwhile, Chase is cutting his 1yr molars like mad.  I can literally feel all 4 and I can see both sides of one molar.  Poor sweet baby!  He is now terrible at going to bed, cries for at least 30mins and then wakes up at least twice just for some hugs.  Then cries some more.  Oh I just want to go in and hug him again!  Speaking of teething, Travis has constantly had his fingers in his mouth for the past week and is drooling a lot for a 3yr old.  He's not supposed to be getting anymore teeth so what gives??  
I love those eyes- even when they aren't happy eyes.  Travis has unfortunately inherited my Grandfather's, Dad's, and my puffy eyebrows.  If I could change one thing about my body, it would be my eyebrows.  I used to hide them behind my glasses, but now that I have perfect vision (I still can't believe it!) they bug the heck out of me.  I try not to harp on it though because obviously my hubby thinks I'm pretty or he wouldn't have married me and it's always better for the boys if they see that I love me for me.  Hear that brain? Love thyself as is.  Oh that just made me think of a great cartoon for a church.  God shopping in the "as-is" section; which is us-all of us.
Anywhooo, does anyone else see what I see?  I'm so worried that Chase's eyes are turning brown.  Not that I could do anything to stop them or that they would be any less beautiful (love thyself self), but I do really love Chris'/Travis'/Chase's eyes.  They turn colors depending on the weather and sometimes depending on the mood of the boy.  Grey-blue to shallow ocean to ocean green.  It's just so fun that they change- I wish mine did that :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB