This year, I've made myself a few lists:
And as usual, I've already added to them :) But it is nice to be able to read over them every few days. It's helped me to refocus after the off week we've had. The snow was a ton of fun and I've loved how light it has made our house and how much fun playing outside has been. Having Chris work from home for 4 days though, has put quite the damper in our schedule. If only we had an office space for him- then I'd beg him to stay home every day!
So there you have my goals for the new year- an ever growing list, but hopefully I'll be able to look back every few months and cross off things. Crossing off items on a list is such a great feeling!
My number 1 personal goal for the year is something that isn't on the list. Because I'm going to print or paint a canvas with it and hang it above the computer. "Get Organized." I've already made a head start by organizing all the new toys that lovingly flew into our house over Christmas. I'm thrilled with how that turned out and I'll share pictures soon. I've also already ordered myself a calendar/date book/organizer. It's the first year in a long time that my mom didn't get me a calendar for Christmas. That was a tradition we had- I really liked it. Calendars are a really cheap way to get art for walls. All you have to do is frame the pictures when you're done! But as I've learned, I'm not an electronic list maker. For some reason, perhaps it's the artsy side?, I just can't focus on a list on my phone. I've tried. There are some great apps out there for grocery shopping. I ALWAYS forget at least 4 items when I try the electronic list. Or I end up spending an extra 45mins in the store walking back and forth between isles to go get that thing I forgot was in isle 3. So I waste trees and make our weekly menus and shopping lists on paper. And I can tell you right now, it is SO satisfying to scratch thru a note in pen ;)
And just because they were cute. Chase huddles up next to you on the sofa to play with toys. I'm guessing it's his version of playing "with" you. Not thinking Chris could get away with not claiming this kid either! He's definitely a Delp boy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment