I was rather upset with the photoshop room redo I did. And not because my photoshop skills are just that bad, they are, but the overall feeling just wasn't right. So I tried again! I don't know why I haven't gone up to Chase's room and taken a picture of it's current state. Every time I sit down to think about his room, he's napping! haha! So please excuse the mess in the photo. This was taken before he was actually born when I was still trying to decide what should live in the room.
what do we think about this one??? I'm liking it. And it's probably cheaper than the two tone on tone stripes would have been. A gallon of creamy white and some 1x4's. And then the storage baskets would pop and so would the crib :) That makes me happy because I do love the crib. It's just so hard to work with! Plus, does the room look bigger? I think it might. I'd do some sepia print photos above the crib of the Chase man and then some color prints of George on the other side of the room. The old school George is my favorite and we now have two books full of his stories that I read every night. Tan curtains, maybe brown, but I don't want them to feel too heavy. Some fun floor pillows in chocolate brown like the ones from land of nod... And maybe a cream bookcase. We'll see what I can find at the potterybarn outlet in the next month or two. We've decided, that although they are great price wise, the ikea bookcases just aren't holding up to our boys. I don't think they are particularly rough with them, but so far the only survivors are the expedits. I'd then be taking the shelves above the changer off and putting a nice big round mirror over it. Chase's room is the only one in the house that gets good sunlight.
New inspiration for Chase's room: Sarah Richardson.
I love her. Love love love. Chris...doesn't so much. I do think she takes the light and airy color scheme too far some times, but her rooms always look cohesive and she doesn't matchy match.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I love that polkadot chair!! BTW: Where is the rest of the alphabet on the wall?
Post a Comment