nursery decor

1.04.2011 1 comments
Now that Chase is a toddler and no longer a baby, humpf, I've finally gotten around to decorating his room. Oh well!  Here's my inspiration thus far:
 super cute, but with the cloud ceiling, I think it's too much
love the wall length shelf and the pale aqua/grey walls
 loved the dark walls and tried out this arrangement- very efficient but it looked weird with my crib
 again with the walls, wow! and that bedding-LOVE it.
love the dresser vignette, and a mobile over the changer-great idea!
liked the big name, but the silver peg board is just not doing it for me
 love the brown, cream, blue, and red combo here; that bookcase though, just awful- I might have to take back my loving modern design statement
 love the monogram

 love love love this one. the red stripes would get old fast though, they don't let your eyes rest.
the giant letter in the bedroom is pretty fun though! and so are those faux logs!
 still tempted to panel Chase's room- I think it would make it feel bigger
 that paneling again...
love the color combos
 still love this fabric!
 aqua, red, brown, and white... I'm liking it a lot!

 and then there's this room...



it's got like everything I want. (anyone else flash back to middle school there? like? like maybe?) It'll even go with the new storage baskets we bought to keep the new toys in under the new-to-Chase play table.  I'd change out the nautical theme for a Curious George inspired theme.  He's pretty big in our house right now.  I should have just gone with my gut, and finished the quilt and painting a long time ago!

 So since I need to patch a few giant holes in the wall in Chase's room and we have zero paint left of the wall color, I could easily change it out to a lighter, more peaceful blue.  A gallon of paint isn't a huge investment, certainly cheaper than me putting up a bunch of 1x4s to do the paneling! and it will be very easy to blend it into the clouds on the ceiling.  I'll purchase an all cream crib bumper since Chase is still digging the enclosed crib feeling but his current bumper is now coming unsewn and doesn't match the new colors.  I would sew one with brown piping and ties, but it would be cheaper to just buy one.  I'll think about it though because the ones that are more structured would be nice albeit pricey so they didn't sag down while he rested his feet on them.  Chase is my kinda man- he likes to be comfy!  And I'll buy some cream curtains and sew a brown base on them.  I'd also like to make a mobile like this one:
again with that darn paneling... it is SO tempting.

Well, so there you have Chase's new room.  It's going to be so cute and you didn't get to help at all ;)  But don't worry, I'll share pictures soon!
terrible photoshop job...but still, something isn't quite right there... maybe too much contrast with the stripes? maybe it's George?  maybe it's just missing more decor???




1 comments:

  • Lizzy said...

    My obvious favorite is the nautical! I feel like you need to do darker stripes to coordinate better with the red. Maybe navy? Something, dare I say, nautical? xoxoxo

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB