fancy smancy

4.05.2011 1 comments
We've had a very successful weekend and fixed a spot in the house that has bugged us ever since we moved it.  I still can't believe it turned out this well and that we didn't even really fight about any of it.  Mind you, there was considerable mumbling about how my plans were rather vague and unthoughtout and hard to decipher.  But I was left alone at those moments to "figure it out" and I did and it turned out splendidly :)

the beginning- not very baby friendly and while I do like pink...not really loving the pink brick.
the interim- not the right scale, but the tile work looks good!
mind you, as we pulled this trim off this weekend- we commented on how we never got around to painting it...guess it was never meant to stay!
the finished product!!!!  I love it.  I think the scale is perfect, it fits great with the house's style and it's modern enough for me to like it too.
Best of all- it only took us 2 trips to Home Depot and half a day to build it.  AND 4 days later, it's completely painted.  DONE.  It feels great to finish a project.  I should do that more often ;)

Next up- 2 matching modern toddler beds! (we're up to 2 trips to HD already on those)

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB