yes!

3.08.2011 1 comments
So I've finally made friends with our neighbors and we've been having a blast hanging out with them and their kids.  Hurray!  We even got our very first official babysitter other than grandmas/pas. Go us!  She got lucky and only had to dogsit as the boys were both already asleep- but hey, it still counts because we went on a DATE!!!
Yes, I'm still way excited about that phenomenon.  Another side affect of making friends with the neighbors is that now I feel like I'm a bad mama because I haven't decorated the boys rooms.  At all.  Not that my little boys care at all, nor that any of the neighbors think less of me or anything like that (they're really nice); I just really feel like I should have done SOMEthing.  Put something on the walls.  Bought them cute kid sheets.  Tried to make their rooms about them.  You know. Something.
So decorating the house is my new focus in life.  You know, besides being mama, wifey, housekeeper, chauffeur, and employee ;)  And yes, I know I've semi-declared this before, but this time I mean it.
Here is the plan Stan:
kitchen. we hate our kitchen layout/lack of counter and cabinet space. we are considering redoing it. this is where I'd go with it if we do redo it.
I'm still trying to convince myself that a non-slipcovered sofa is a bad idea. because in a picture, this sofa is just so me.
our room. spa-ness. love. love. love.
Chase's room. yes I know I just said dogs. I even had the whole room sourced already. but I just LOVE this painting. and who doesn't love batman??? I'm thinking he'll be a fan :) ok, so maybe I need to sleep on that one...
The dog theme is sooo cute :) and they are two of his three best buddies right now. hmmm...
Travis' room. This week he wants pirates. Last week it was for sure cars. The week before that, it was Chuggington.  So I'm going to roll them all into one quilt! And it's an easy quilt too!  Now I just need to find an extra $300 so I can buy this awesome matchbox car inspired rug. because seriously, it's the coolest thing I've ever seen. ever.

I've got to decide what we are going to do about beds for the boys.  Chase is about to be out of his crib and T could stand to be sleeping on a mattress that isn't laying on the floor.  I still have to decide if I build something or buy something.  There are lots of choices and they all cost money, it's just trying to figure out which is the best allocation of money.  Sigh, if only I had a real magic 8 ball! haha!

1 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    Hooray for babysitters! We have one we love, besides my sisters and it is SO nice to get out a few times a month. I love all of your ideas. Don't feel bad, my boys rooms are plain, plain. I can't wait to see what you create!

    Thanks so much for Adam's little button! You are just amazing. I'm going to try to add it today=) I need to update that whole section, so hopefully you'll see more changes in the next few days. So glad to hear about your life. Keep the posts coming!

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB