We (me) have been planning his very first birthday party!!! He is so excited to have a party this year and of course, we are going with a pirate theme. He's not all that into Jake and the Neverland Pirates anymore, but he still loves anything pirate. I've got the invitations all printed (thank you Costco photo) and ready to be walked down the street. He is inviting 2 boys and 4 girls; he is his father's son already.
My mom has been helping me get everything stock piled for the big day and I'm almost ready. Crossing things off my list rocks!! I've made the streamers using this tutorial:
They were SO much fun to make! Really. If my sewing machine didn't smell like it was on fire, I would have made another roll. I made a dark blue/light blue roll and a red/white roll. I used one whole spool of thread but really, for $5.50, you can't get much cuter than that. I've still got a run to Walmart (blue balloons) and Party City in my future, but I can live with that. The only big thing I haven't got nailed down, pun intended, is the pirate ship. We are going to have a water balloon, aka cannon ball, fight and I'm not sure how it's going to go over. All the guests are 3.5-6 so I think it might actually be a "throw it at each other" fight, but just in case I was going to have a pirate ship facade to hide behind/aim at. I figured I could come up with enough spare wood for it not to cost a lot and if I can get my hands on a shipping pallet, then it'll be free- which is always nice.
As we are entering the first 6 months of the age, Travis is just awesome. I'm not sure about every one else's children, but mine have half years. Half the year, they are just gravy. So pleasant to be around, happy, curious, loving little boys. The other half...BIRTH CONTROL. Chase is in the latter right now. No bueno. He's quite the little butt- fussing for no reason ALL. THE. TIME., which is a shame because 4 is looking so promising. I love my boys at each age, 12-18mos was my favorite, but I think 4 is my new fav. It helps that T constantly tells me he loves me or needs some love- aka a hug. It works well. He totally played me today and I couldn't help but smile. He was trying to get me to go outside with him again (because he was lonely he said to himself) and said it would make his heart happy if I would come outside with him. He's good that one. Very good.
Our first water fun of the season- and yes, it was still very cold but that rarely ever stops kids!
Our first picnic of the season. T loved it- I cut the sandwiches into school bus and firetruck shapes; Chase didn't get it yet.
My silly car obsessed boy. I'm pretty biased, but I think he's just the handsomest almost 4yr old alive. To quote Mythbusters, he took the toy car line up experiment full scale. He cracks me up every day.
We got something in a box and they turned it into a wagon so I added a pull string, which of course, led to me having to pull both of them around the house. Don't they just look SO happy here? Love it.
I finally got all the 0-12mo clothes packed up for my nephew. Not a lot makes it through two boys, but hopefully he'll get use out of some of it.
We have snack time outside most days. It's nice :) Is there anything cuter than shorts overalls? Nope!
Does anyone else's forehead tingle looking at this picture? He likes to lunge at the camera ;)
Travis spends half his day spying on Ms. Laurie (with or without his telescope), our backyard neighbor. Luckly, she's at work most of the time so he's not really spying, but on the weekends, we get a full report as to Ms. Laurie's whereabouts and any happenings at the Cleland house. He invited Lily Rose to his party just so Ms. Laurie would be there. "Mama, can Ms. Laurie come to my party?" "If you invite Lily Rose." "Ok! Let's do it!"
As my Grammy would say, "Oh boy, he's a looker that's for sure" :) And now I want to go kiss those dimples!



0 comments:
Post a Comment