So. Um. I found out that Stacey wasn't a member of the playgroup and it totally weirded me out. Not like it made our boys any less cute or her any less friendly and my kind of person. In fact, rather the opposite because I'm not too sure about the other moms who were 'ignore my kids while I socialize' type of ladies. But I am still giving it a try tomorrow and Nat, only two people have said they are coming! But anyway, it weirded me out so I needed to do some crafting to get my head back in the right frame of mind. I'll probably never see Stacey or Tucker again, which is a little sad now that I'm over the whole 'I just invited a total stranger and her son to our home' heebie jeebies. Rambling again! Ok, here is what I crafted :)
4 bibs just for my sweet Chasey boy. I used some left over brown felt and two flannel receiving blankets that we don't use. I haven't finished sewing the 4th one because it's going to be my very first post to my craft blog! After I get "wren's nest" up and running, I'll let you in on my plans for it. (they involve you!) "Wren" is my alter ego of sorts. I told myself, "self, if you ever write your childrens book, you should illustrate yourself instead of doing a real photo and call yourself "Wren""-which is short for Catherine. She seems so much more laid back and approachable than "Catherine" or even "Cat" which would be confusing to kids. (yes, really, you) So there was a snippet of why I named it what I did. Now all I have to do is pick a template!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
CUTE bibs! I say, friends are friends, no matter how you meet them. Hopefully those 2 who are coming will be cool. Good luck. I'm excited about your craft blog! Let me know when it's up and running...as if you wouldn't. Those bibs really are adorable.
This playgroup thing seems stressful lol.
Cute! Wow, you are crafty! I wish I was good at something like that. Good luck with the playgroup. I joined about 6 when James was a baby, before I found one that I really liked. And speaking of, we should get together sometime with the kids. I'm not sure how far you are from me now though. But are kids are pretty close in age and you don't have to worry about meeting a stranger ;)
GAH! That should read "OUR kids are pretty close in age". I hate errors like that!
Ha! My brain totally skipped over are and read it as if it said our. Brains are so cool that way;) and yes, we do need to get together! This playgroup thing is stressful!! I'll post about what happened today later...it's almost funny now...
Post a Comment