name that TV show...that Travis thinks is a cartoon...
But victory is mine! I made it to playgroup today. I made it! AND Travis made a new buddy! He once again wasn't too fond of all the littles who couldn't talk yet, nor was he too interested in the girls his age (miss bossy and miss hula-hoop hoarder to be precise), but he played with Tucker, who is already 3, the entire time. We had a few 'lets go off on our own Mom' moments, but for the most part, he and Tucker took turns playing follow the leader all over the playground. It was really cute and while I only talked to Tucker's mom, Stacey, and another mom who didn't tell me her name (let's just call her "earth mama"), we both had a great time. I stayed to have lunch with our new friends (and had to put it on the credit card because I didn't bring my allowance with me- DAH!!! it's going to be red again!!!) and invited them over to our house sometime to play. We exchanged facebook names (?), didn't think I was that cool yet, ha! and ended on a great note. During our chat, it was nice to hear that while I'm struggling with my budget to keep us on track, I'm way ahead of most people in the finance aspect of having things 'under control'. This revelation was hysterical because when I told Chris about our morning and the conversations I had with my new mommy friend, he laughed and said yeah, he had just come to that conclusion too and that it made him start to really think about what he 'wanted to be when he grows up' and that maybe going back to school to get there wouldn't be such a far stretch for us.
oh and because I can, "earth mama's" 2yr old boy was a hitter and a shove-er. not cool. Chase was quite taken with her 3mo old girl though...she, however, was still in the blob phase.
And now for the big news.... I'm hosting the playgroup on Monday!!! That's right, I'm being uber social and going way out of my comfort range. We'll see how many people come. It's a stroller walk through our greenway, which is a boardwalk cut through the woods and over the creeks, so I'm assuming I'll get a chance to chat with the 'baby' moms while T hopefully takes a nap in the bob. Wish me luck! and lots of happy social vibes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
congrats and good luck--I can't wait to hear all about it!
good for you! Way to put yourself out there, really! For your sake I hope only one really wonderful mom shows up and turns out to be your new best friend=) I've found it's easier to be myself and make great friends when I'm not in a big group. For me, a perfect social life at this phase means only a handful of friends that I really enjoy and whose kids play nice with mine...and if I'm really lucky our husbands will like eachother too=)
Post a Comment