easter :)

4.06.2010 2 comments
We survived moving weekend.  Just barely.  We are so saving up and hiring a moving company next time we move.  It will be worth every dime.  Easter Sunday, Chase slept all night and woke up at 6am.  It was awesome!  Except that he was ready to be awake for the day at 6.  So Chase and I got dressed and drove over to a local donut shop and got an assortment to test out their edibleness.  The shop is cute and I really wanted to love the donuts since it's a local business, but there is just something off with the donuts.  Still, it was nice to have a little treat, though I wish I had just made some of these muffins instead.  Or maybe went all out and made cinnamon rolls, but that would only have happened if I hadn't been sweating profusely and lugging boxes and my kids around for the two days before Easter.  Ah well, maybe next Easter!  So after the donut shop, Chase and I ran into walmart to see if we could find some marshmallow easter things since I discovered that T really really likes marshmallows. They were slap out of peeps!!!!  Can you believe that?!?!  So we splurged an extra $.50 and got the bunny shaped marshmallows instead and then filled an even 13 eggs (the easter bunny was a little tired still) with marshmallows, goldfish, and m&ms and hid them all over the castle and nearby ground/tree.  The Easter bunny also left some marshmallow lollipops in the shape of a bunny and a chick...which T ate the faces off and nothing else.  I didn't taste them, but I'm assuming they weren't all that and a bag of chips if he abandoned them.

I decided to be all cute and dress us all up in light blue and khaki's...but Chris decided not to participate and T didn't have a solid blue shirt.  He actually doesn't have a lot of short sleeved shirts I'm discovering.  How did I manage that?  At least since he is so skinny, he can still wear all of his old shorts (he wore a pair of Chase's shorts last week...yes, 6mo size thinking they were his) so I can spend that money on getting him some new Tshirts.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB