times a ticking

8.12.2010 1 comments
I have less than one month to finish Chase's nursery.  You know, before it's a toddler room and no longer a "nursery" being that he'll be one in 1 month 1 week and 4 days.  Wow! W-O-W.
I did in fact decide to make a quilt for Chase though I have no idea why since Travis wouldn't sleep under covers until he was 2.  But maybe Chase will be different, he is in every other way so far.  (he snuggled with me last night!  curled up on top of me and fell asleep!!  it was heaven!!!!!)  so far, I'm  not getting very far on it, but I do have all the pieces ready to be sewn together so maybe this weekend I'll make some progress.  Chase's room has a theme.  I know, cheesy.  But I'm trying to make it subtle...sort of.  It's Curious George.  And right after I picked it out and started planning all the stuff, PBKids came out with Curious George bedding.  Of course!  But I am not buying it.  Instead, I'm making the quilt with Curious George colors and some monkey prints and hopefully it will come out cute.  I'm also painting a canvas of Curious George to hang over the bed (I think...), though I'm having troubles getting him just right.  And I can't decide how to paint the background.  On the show, Curious George is on a white or yellow background in the intro and then just like a normal animation during the show- but in the old books, he has a white border around him.  Decisions.  Well here is what I've got so far:

1 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    OH Cat! You are so amazing! I love that quilt! I so wish you lived closer so you could help me figure out what to do with our rooms...it's just not a strength of mine and I LOVE your taste and ability to create. It really is so impressive. My brother just moved to Athens for law school (do you remember Eric?), so maybe someday we'll come visit your neck of the woods=) It is a LONG drive, so who knows. Anyway, can't wait to see the finished product!

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB