late night

9.11.2010 1 comments
I can't sleep again for the 4th time this week and according to various forums, the bulk of women on my particular form of birth control would have me believe that it is the culprit.  I happen to think that it's because I don't workout during the day and I can't turn my brain off at night, though I do have other issues with said birth control-hense me looking on said forums.  But back to that pesky brain part...

I haven't even finished my first quilt, much less the summer dress I made and only have to hem up to call it completed, months later, or the summer dress pattern and fabric I bought months ago and have yet to open, but I'm already lining up my future quilts.  I will have to get a picture of a quilt at Chris' grandmothers house to add to this line up because I so admire it's beauty so I can hopefully copy it one day.  You know, when I might actually be good at making a quilt ;)  so that's like what? in 30 yrs? haha!  But these three have really caught my eye and I can't wait to make them.  I am really really hating that no one thought to ask me if I wanted any of my grandmothers fabric stash when she passed away in 2001(think 8'x4'x3' space and fill it to the brim with fabric) because I could be having a hayday right now! AND that my mom won't let me have one of only two quilts my grandmother made that survived to live at our house because she doesn't even use it, much less look at it.  I think we even used to use it as a picnic blanket, which is what one of these three quilts would be for me.  My dad does have a stronger attachment to it than I do even though he won't admit it so I do understand her keeping it, I just really wish I had one too.  But perhaps that is Grammy's way of telling me to make my own?  Yes.  Yes.  That is SOOO her style ;)
ps- all of these quilts are made by Allison at www.cluckclucksew.com (aren't they fab? isn't she awesome?!?)

1 comments:

  • Natalie said...

    beautiful quilts! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful things you'll make, cat. Sorry about the sleep issues. I've got my own. Kev and I went to a hotel for our anniversary, and even there in a comfortable bed without any children I had trouble getting and staying asleep. Ah, motherhood=) I want to see that dress of yours. Finish it!

Post a Comment

Search

 

©Copyright 2011 this that and the otter | TNB