my baby
my baby is turning ONE in two weeks. Just two short weeks. Despite the fact that he is already walking and making notions to talking, this *little*-ha! milestone means for me that he will no longer be my baby. I'll have two toddlers. I'm not promoting T until he's toilet trained. I can't believe how fast it went by; I mean I felt like Travis' first year went by quickly, but dang!, Chase's went by even faster. He's just such a little boy now- sitting in the corner of the family room playing with his little people stuff for 10 minutes or more by himself, not letting me hold him outside- that boy wants to walk, throwing tantrums when I take something away or try to stop him from going somewhere, holding a sippie cup without handles... A few months ago, Chase started wearing his brothers old 2piece pajamas and as I went to put the shirt on, I paused to let him stick his arms through, like an idiot, somehow expecting him to know what to do. I did it with the pants too a few days later. It cracked me up because there are just so many things that he will learn to do that I don't even think about anymore. Well, tonight, as I rearranged myself to dive even deeper into the crib to put his pajamas on (because he's confined there and has to stay in a 3'x5' space), he slipped his little arm right into the sleeve. Swhooosh. That was my life, sprinting right past me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It DOES go faster with each one, let me assure you. That age is especially mind-boggling. Suddenly they're doing one thing after another and it's incredible to see them grow by such leaps and bounds. I love that picture=)
So when I see him at christmas, he'll be running marathons! I can't wait! enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment