This year our theme was ghosts :)
I did the "witches vail" again from Martha, but this time I made it a ghost curtain and used 6 white kitchen trash bags instead. I love it. Maybe I'm part hippie and in need of a bead doorway?? It just looks so fun when you walk out in the morning :) Then we got out the old t-shirt ghosts door hanger.
I cut out a ghost silhouette from printer paper and taped it in our powder room window since it's on the front porch. Chris says it freaks him out every time he comes inside because it looks like someone is on the porch- oops! Then T helped me paint some ghostly faces to cut out and tape in our garage windows in front of the white roller shade. You have to walk past the windows to get to the front porch.
Under the windows is the one project that just didn't turn out quite like I hoped. It looks very very homemade and cheap. Not shabby chic either. Oh well, T had fun drawing with sharpie on the milk jugs anyway and all that really matters is that he had fun and is proud of what he made.
Now on to the pumpkins! T requested scary faced pumpkins this year- rarrrrrrr! So he picked his two favorites from the ones we put on the milk jugs and Chris and I went to carving. T helped a little too- but he wouldn't touch the pumpkin guts! I love how they look :) Chris added the scars and eyebrow slits to the white one and it really looks awesome! I accidentally put a red candle in the big orange one and it really makes it- vampire=blood=red. sweet! The white one was a really pale lime green inside so it looks pretty cool all lit up too ;) kinda looks like the scary scarecrow from Nightmare before Xmas to me.
Happy Haunting!!!
ps- don't come to our house expecting chocolate...we're passing out halloween fruit snacks this year ;) dealer's choice and this year, the dealer is 3 and obsessed with FS! the houses in our neighborhood are pretty far apart so we are planning on hanging out at home and passing out treats in costume- that way the boys get to see all the costumes, but we don't end up eating candy we don't need ...though I wouldn't refuse a reese's or twix if one came my way... ;)






2 comments:
How fun! Great job on the pumpkins and decorating!
SUCH cute decorations! Love them.
Post a Comment